For Executive Board Region 1
Bernalillo County, New Mexico
I humbly ask support to serve as your IAAO Board Member Region 1. I am a candidate with seven years of experience as an assessment professional, and over 20 years of acquired skills in areas such as human resources, education, tax and public policy, legislative affairs, and economic development.
These well-rounded skills allow me to see complicated assessment issues from multiple perspectives, and leadership skills have prepared me for this opportunity. I am proud to be part of an organization that has such a direct impact on citizens of the local communities we serve.
I will be honored to serve and work for you and to help identify and bring new ideas to increase professional growth in an ever-changing professional organization, from technology, growing our global presence, to recognizing and reflecting the diversity of our members.
Leadership Activities/Membership/Boards/ Committees
- IAAO, 2013 -
- NM Assessor Affiliate, 2013 –
- NM IAAO Chapter, 2018 –
- NM Association of Counties, Tax Policy Committee, 2016 –
- NACo, Finance, Pensions, & Intergovernmental Affairs Committee, 2015 –
- NACo, National Association of Hispanic County Officials, 2017 –
- NM Association of Counties, 2016-2017
- County Assessor, Bernalillo County, 2013 –
- Government Relations Officer, University of NM, 2008 – 2013
- Compensation & Job Classification Analyst, 2006 – 2008
- Senate Finance Committee Secretary, NM State Legislature, 2005 – 2007
- Info Management Specialist, FBI, 1999 – 2000
Education/Professional Leadership/ Designations
- NM State Certified Appraiser – 2017
- Local Government Leadership Program – Leadership NM, 2016
- BA, Political Science, minor, Business Management – University of NM, 2005