Virtual conference FAQs
1. Why is the conference going virtual? Members had expressed concerns regarding attending, the Colorado Convention Center is not available, and the Denver Hyatt Hotel is closed indefinitely.
2. When will the virtual conference take place? August 30 – September 1
3. What is the cost of the virtual conference? IAAO reduced the cost by $300 which makes the early bird registration fee $345 for members and $545 for nonmembers.
4. What happens if I had previously registered? All prior registrations will be automatically transferred to the virtual conference. Any credit balance may be used by other attendees from your office, applied to other IAAO hosted programs or products, or be refunded. The Denver Hyatt will cancel all registrations and refund any deposits.
5. Is the pre-conference workshop still taking place? No, but we are reviewing the possibility of hosting the Women’s Initiative Workshop as a separate event.
6. What kind of software will I need to participate in the virtual event? An internet connection and a web browser.
7. Will the sessions be recorded? Yes, and your registration fee will include an "on demand" feature, so you can access any session you choose from the conference library during (and after) the scheduled conference dates.
8. Will I still be able to interact with the presenters during the sessions? Yes, the speakers will be available to answer questions during the sessions that are presented over the conference dates
9. Will CEUs will be available? Yes. Attendees can get credit for each session they attend, and the system will check attendees into sessions to track attendance. Up to 50 hours may be available.
10. Will there be an exhibit hall? Yes, there will be a virtual exhibit hall that allows attendees to visit exhibitor booths, participate in product demos, interact one-on-one with the exhibitor representatives, receive logo item giveaways, and be eligible for any exhibitor prizes!