IAAO would like to thank all those who have agreed to speak at the 84th Annual International Conference on Assessment Administration, September 23-26, 2018 at the Minneapolis Convention Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The IAAO Executive Board and the Conference Committee greatly appreciate your time and efforts to ensure that this year’s conference provides professional and engaging educational sessions.
Please Note the Following Important Dates and Deadlines
BY APRIL 16, 2018
- Provide biographical information for your introduction. Submission should be approximately 200 words or 1,200 characters. Information should be submitted in Word or in the body of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the Presenter Letter of Agreement. This document allows IAAO to place your presentation and/or paper on the conference proceedings which are made available to all attendees. Agreement to present at the conference implies this release unless otherwise arranged. The Presenter Letter of Agreement should be downloaded, signed and emailed to email@example.com.
- All presenters in each session should submit a biographical summary and Presenter Letter of Agreement. (Note: if you submitted the original abstract, your Letter of Agreement was received as a part of that submission.) Please include the presentation number.
BY AUGUST 23, 2018
- Submit an electronic copy of your fully developed presentation and an accompanying narrative or paper in PDF format. Presenters should use the provided PowerPoint slide template for their visual presentation. The slide template and instructions can be found here. Presentations should be submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can upload to IAAO's Dropbox folder.
- Attendees will be able to access conference proceedings upon arrival at the conference via a mobile app. Presentations must be received by August 23 to guarantee inclusion in the conference proceedings.
REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR PRESENTATION TO MINNEAPOLIS ON A FLASH DRIVE FOR USE DURING YOUR SESSION.
- Notify IAAO of any special room set up or audio-visual requirements for your presentation, by contacting Leann Ritter (email@example.com). Standard set-up for education session rooms will be:
- Podium with microphone
- Lavaliere microphone
- Laptop computer with PowerPoint (bring your presentation on a flash drive)
- LCD projector with remote control
- Laser pointer
Due to the short turnaround between some sessions, the laptop provided by IAAO must be used. Do not plan to substitute your own! If you have questions about connections or equipment, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SESSION ROOMS WILL NOT HAVE INTERNET ACCESS UNLESS REQUIRED AND ARRANGED FOR IN ADVANCE AND MAY RESULT IN ADDITIONAL COSTS TO THE PRESENTER.
EXHIBITOR SOLUTIONS TRACK
Costs for any additional audio-visual / technology / Internet must be covered in advance by the presenters.
PRESENTERS MUST REGISTER FOR CONFERENCE*
All presenters are expected to register for the conference. The IAAO Executive Board has approved a discounted rate of $200 off the regular posted rate for up to three presenters per session. Other discounted rates (e.g. vendors) will take precedence.
*Presenters participating only in their own session can indicate such on the hard copy registration form and no fee will apply. Presenters receiving a discounted registration fee are expected to meet all deadlines or the full conference fee may be assessed.
Register for the conference online then click on the “Login to Register” button. Speaker discounted registration rates will appear. To register via hard copy download the form and complete the registration form in the attendee brochure. Write in a rate of $200 off the current applicable rate (time frame and member or nonmember) and write “Speaker” below the rate. Registration fees increase as the conference start approaches.
Scholarships for conference attendance may be available and more information is available on the website.
- Presenters will be provided the name and contact information of their session moderator. This person will lend support to the logistics of the session including providing introductions and helping to lead any question/answer period.
SEPTEMBER 23 - 26 (at the Conference)
- PLAN TO CHECK IN 30 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR SESSION. Conference Committee members will be in the Speaker Ready Room, M100 E, at the Minneapolis Convention Center, to greet you and provide any last-minute instructions or changes.
PRESENTER GUIDELINES are available to download for your review. (Attached for inclusion.)
The purpose of the conference educational sessions is to educate participants and express ideas, not to demonstrate or sell products. Remember the best “advertisement” is to deliver a relevant, timely presentation. NO COMMERCIALS PLEASE! The exception to this is the new Exhibitor Solutions track. These sessions are intended to provide for information on products and services. (No continuing education credits will be available for sessions in this track.)
Any proposed changes to a session, including the addition of speakers to the presentation, must be pre-approved by IAAO.
Interested in promoting your presentation?
IAAO has presenter “badges” available. Feel free to download this image to your email signature to let others know of your presentation.