Dr. Brené Brown's Dare to Lead TrainingTM
IAAO Women’s Initiative has moved the Dr. Brené Brown Dare to Lead™
training to a virtual workshop, taking place on four half-days in September, and it is your invitation to become a braver leader as you learn the four empirically-proven skill sets of courageous leadership that are teachable, measurable, and observable.
Register for Women's Initiative Workshop
The Workshop, sponsored by Vision Government Solutions
, will take place from Noon to 4:00 pm Eastern on September 2-3 and September 9-10. The registration fee is $150 for IAAO members and $200 for nonmembers.
The workshop has been approved for 15 hours of IAAO credit.
Originally scheduled to be part of the IAAO Annual Conference, the workshop is based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown, Dare to Lead™ Training is an empirically based courage-building program designed to be led by Certified Dare to Lead Facilitators.
The Dare to Lead™ program focuses on developing courage-building skills through workshops, training and coaching to help individuals, teams and organizations move from armored leadership to daring leadership.
This workshop is designed for individuals who are ready to embrace brave leadership, shed their armor and show up with whole hearts in their work and life. Intuitive and interactive facilitation will guide the group through the actionable and measurable skill sets of daring leadership.
COMPONENTS OF COURAGE-BUILDING:
• Rumbling With Vulnerability: Facing risk, uncertainty, and emotional exposure with courage and clarity
• Living Into Our Values: Identifying, operationalizing, and practicing the beliefs that we hold most important.
• BRAVING Trust: Creating or deepening connections in relationships and teams based on the seven elements of trust
• Learning To Rise: Learning and growing from the failures, setbacks, and disappointments that are inevitable when we are brave with our lives.
Daring leaders are self-aware, know how to have hard conversations, hold themselves and others accountable, build trust, lead with empathy and connection, take smart risks that lead to innovation, reset quickly after disappointments and setbacks, and give and receive feedback – especially when it’s tough.
When you complete this course, you'll be equipped with the skills to:
• Understand why vulnerability (uncertainty, risk, and emotional exposure) is the foundational skill set of courage
• Understand the critical role that self-awareness plays in daring leadership
• Understand that it’s armor – not fear – that is the greatest obstacle to daring leadership.
• Identify the four skill sets that make up courage: rumbling with vulnerability, living into our values, BRAVING trust, and learning to rise.
• Understanding that courage is a collection of four skill sets that are measurable, observable, and teachable.
• Recognize that vulnerability is the birthplace of many of the behaviors that define daring leadership including creativity, accountability, and difficult conversations.
• Recognize that daring leadership requires showing up for hard conversations and rumbles, including giving and receiving feedback.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
Dare to Lead™ workbook
Exclusive Brené Brown videos
Instruction from a certified Dare to Lead™ Facilitator
A Dare to Lead™ Certificate of Completion
A Dare to Lead™ LinkedIn badge
An invitation to join the Dare to Lead™ Alumni LinkedIn group
A network of peers who will join you in the Dare to Lead™ Community
A safe and inclusive learning environment
After completing this training, participants be equipped to bring back these courage building tools to your company, organization and team. Courageous leaders create brave, trusting, engaged cultures.